Here’s a yummy recipe for Halloween cats that even dog-lovers will devour.
Halloween cat cookie cutter
1 cup candy corn (Red Hots for older kids)
Fruit tape, such as Fruit Roll-Ups
1 container prepared chocolate frosting
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups mini-marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1. Measure all ingredients and have them set aside in separate dishes for quick preparing as the mixture becomes more difficult to work with as it cools.
2. Add butter to a saucepan heated over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Mix in marshmallows until melted. Stir continuously so that the marshmallows don’t burn on the bottom. Remove from
3. Add crispy rice cereal, stirring vigorously. When mixed, add candies. Mix well.
4. Generously spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place the mixture in the baking dish. Press evenly onto the bottom of the dish. (Use a piece of waxed paper to prevent the cereal mix
from sticking to your hands). Allow to cool until firm.
5. Use a spatula to remove the entire treat from the dish. Cut with cat shaped cookie cutter. Ice with chocolate frosting. Use child-safe scissors to cut not-so-scary cat features out of brightly
colored fruit roll-ups, such as eyes, pink ears, boots, a crown or a fancy collar.