Shrunken Apple Head
Here's an all-natural craft that makes for a scary-looking Halloween decoration. Begin making it two weeks before you need it to allow the apple to dry.
Large red or golden delicious apple
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon salt
1. Peel apple and coat with mixture of lemon juice and salt.
2. With a potato peeler, knife or pumpkin carver, carve out eye sockets, nose, mouth and ears.
3. Stick whole cloves where eyes should be and rice where teeth should be. Sit apple on top of bottle cap.
4. Place on a drying rack in a warm, dry place for about 2 weeks. Shape the face as it shrinks and hardens.
5. Once dry, insert a strong wire to form body and add clothes or other accessories as desired.