What could be better on a crisp fall morning than a pumpkin coffeecake?
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1-3/4 cup pumpkin (16 ounces)
1 slight beaten egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 teaspoon. cinnamon
1 cup crushed nut
1. Cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs and beat well.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Add other ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with sour cream.
4. Combine pumpkin, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and pie spice. Keep separate.
5. Prepare streusel by mixing ingredients together with fork or hands until crumbly. Set aside.
6. Spoon half batter mixture into 9 by 13-inch pan; sprinkle half of the streusel over the batter. Spread the pumpkin mixture over the streusel. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the
pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top.
7. Bake at 325 F for 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.