This fun and festive tote bag does double duty. Kids can use it for trick or treating and Mom can use it to haul around anything she likes. Make one today!
You will need:
- 1 black canvas tote bag
- Foam stamps: pumpkin, small leaf, alphabet letters
- *Fabric paint: white, orange, green, red
- Wax paper
- Cutting board or cookie
- Paint brush
What you do:
*If you don’t have fabric paint, you can substitute acrylic craft paint but it must be mixed with textile medium, available at your local craft supply store. Follow the instructions on the bottom for proper mixing ratios.
- Place tote bag on work surface. Put cutting board inside the tote bag and a piece of wax paper between the board and the material of the bag. This will prevent any possible paint seepage through the material.
- When applying paint to foam stamps, add a generous amount by dabbing paint on with a paint brush. Don’t put too much that it drips off, but brushing it on won’t be enough.
- Use white paint on the alphabet letters to spell out “HAPPY HALLOWEEN”.
- Use orange paint and green for the stems to add three pumpkins along the bottom of the bag. Black is a hard color to cover, so use your paint brush to add a bit more paint to the stamped on design.
- Alternate red, orange and green paint to create colorful falling leaves. Use two colors at a time, paint the center of the leaf stamp one color and the outer edge another.
- Allow to dry completely before removing the cutting board and wax paper, overnight is best.
- Foam stamps are available at your local craft supply store.