What can you give to the mother who has everything? By thinking outside the box and making some special treats, you’re sure to give her a smile this Mother’s Day. Crafts aren’t just for kids, after all. Adults may find that these crafts are fun and easy — and can take family bonding to a whole new level!
A fun and creative way to shower mom with beautiful presents this year on Mother’s Day comes from Beauty in a Basket’s towel cake. This bath and beauty company helps us break down what you can make from just one large bath towel and a couple of accessories. Serve this cake alongside a nice chocolate confection!
What you need:
1 large bath towel
Cardboard cake plate
- Lay the large bath towel on a flat surface and, with your hand, flatten any wrinkles.
- Fold your towel in thirds, the long way, flattening any wrinkles.
- At one end, start rolling the towel to the other end, keeping it free of wrinkles.
- Sew the end to the towel.
- Decorate the top of your cake with silk flowers and scent if desired.
- Tie a decorative bow around your towel cake.
- Place your cake on a cardboard cake plate and paper doily.
- Use tulle over cake as decoration.