Make a craft for your mom this Mother's Day
What can you give to the mother who has everything? By thinking outside the box and making some special treats, you're sure to give her a smile this Mother's Day. Crafts aren't just for kids, after all. Adults may find that these crafts are fun and easy — and can take family bonding to a whole new level!
A fun and creative way to shower mom with beautiful presents this year on Mother's Day comes from Beauty in a Basket's towel cake. This bath and beauty company helps us break down what you can make from just one large bath towel and a couple of accessories. Serve this cake alongside a nice chocolate confection!
What you need:
1 large bath towel
Cardboard cake plate
- Lay the large bath towel on a flat surface and, with your hand, flatten any wrinkles.
- Fold your towel in thirds, the long way, flattening any wrinkles.
- At one end, start rolling the towel to the other end, keeping it free of wrinkles.
- Sew the end to the towel.
- Decorate the top of your cake with silk flowers and scent if desired.
- Tie a decorative bow around your towel cake.
- Place your cake on a cardboard cake plate and paper doily.
- Use tulle over cake as decoration.