Homemade gifts from the kitchen
Make a Christmas gift basket with holiday treats from your kitchen. Here are three recipes for fun food and drink mixes to give this Christmas.
The thought of making your own holiday gift baskets might seem overwhelming, but with a few easy recipe ideas, creating a personalized and thoughtful handmade Christmas food gift basket is easy.
Herbed Beer Batter Bread Mix
Makes 1 loaf
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each of dried thyme and oregano
Dash of dried dill
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt oregano, thyme and dill.
2. Pack mixture into an airtight container or bag.
3. Store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Herbed Beer Batter Bread
1 batch Herbed Beer Batter Bread Mix
1 can beer at room temperature
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1. Place Bread Mix in a large bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir in beer just until incorporated. Scrape into greased 8x4-inch (1.5-liter) loaf pan.
2. Bake in 375 F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until crusty and golden brown.
3. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to rack and brush with melted butter. Makes 1 loaf.