Who says Halloween has to wreck your diet? This low-carb appetizer is a perfect Halloween party treat!
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
3/4 cup wheat gluten (such as Vital)
1 cup almond flour
Green food coloring
12 ounces miniature cocktail wieners (36 individual wieners)
3 tablespoons Heinz 1-carb catsup
1. Cream butter with Parmesan cheese, garlic and onion powders.
2. Add a few drops food coloring until the mixture looks appropriately disgusting; then add gluten and almond flour, 1/4 cup at a time, kneading if necessary.
3. Chill dough at least one hour; divide into thirds. Roll each third out to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut each piece of dough into six even strips. Form one strip around one end of each wiener,
leaving about half of the wiener sticking out. Repeat until all 36 wieners are wrapped.
4. Bake at 375 F until dough is lightly-browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Cool. Carve a small hole in the end of each wiener; fill with catsup to look like a toe nail.
Per Monster Toe: 1.66g carbs, 0.37g fiber, 3.04g protein, 7.30g fat, 15.64mg cholesterol, 141.95mg sodium, 84.73 calories
Variation: Toast 36 almond slices until golden, then affix one to the end of each wiener for a toenail, using a bit of pressurized cheese food for the
glue, Use the catsup to make the toes bloody. The thick yellow toenails really put these over the top — ew!