Kitty Litter Cake
Yes, it looks disgusting -- it is, after all, supposed to look like a well used litter box -- but if you can get past the appearance, it tastes fantastic! For the proper presentation, use a brand new (unused!) plastic cat litter box and spoon it onto plates with a new (unused!) poop scoop.
It's not what you'll probably want to bring to a school potluck, but it's great at Halloween, April Fool's Day, and anytime you want to bring something funny that people have probably never seen before!
Kitty Litter Cake
1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 package vanilla sandwich cookies
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls (Midgees)
1 new kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper
1. Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
2. Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
3. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix.
4. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. (Mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it to be soggy. Combine gently).
5. Line your new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with three more Tootsie Rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.
6. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.) Heat three Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.