Pulling a Christmas cracker is a much-loved Christmas ritual for many Australian families. Make it special with your very own custom Christmas crackers filled with goodies that will be sure to delight.
Christmas crackers are a staple at the Christmas lunch table. But if you’re over the lame jokes, flimsy hats and useless trinkets, why not make your own? These super simple crackers are inexpensive to make, can be put together in minutes and, best of all, you can fill them with goodies your guests will want to keep.
- 6 empty toilet paper rolls
- Wrapping paper in your choice of colour
- Ribbon or string in a complementary colour
- 6 cracker snaps (available at craft stores such as Lincraft)
- 6 mini gifts (make sure they will fit inside the toilet roll)
- 6 funny jokes or inspirational messages (optional)
- 6 paper hats (optional)
Collect all your supplies. Make sure you have a variety of trinkets to suit kids, guys, girls and grandparents.
Lay a cracker snap and a toilet roll onto the wrapping paper. Cut a rectangle of paper around the snap that is wide enough to cover the roll with about 5 centimetres of overlap. Roll up the paper and glue the paper down lengthwise to create a roll.
Tie off one end of the roll with a piece of ribbon or string. Fill the roll with goodies and tie off the other end to seal.
Gone are the days of disappointing plastic trinkets in cheap Christmas crackers. Impress your guests with these fun and functional gifts anyone would be happy to receive!
- Lip gloss
- Hair clips
- Small bottles of perfume
- Travel-sized body lotions
- Small packets of bath salts
- Gift cards
- Small bottles of cologne
- Tickets to a sporting event
- Bubble wands
- Small toys (dinosaurs, cars, finger puppets)
- Gold coins
- Coloured pencils or crayons (and paper to draw on)
- Gourmet chocolates
- Gift vouchers
- Movie tickets