Handmade Irish cream St. Patrick's Day recipe
Everybody deserves some luck of the Irish this time of year, and a little pick-me-up is in order for an afternoon break on any busy day.
This homemade Irish cream recipe (think Baileys, only less expensive) is an amazingly luscious base for any number of quick cocktails, so take five minutes — really! — to mix up a batch and enjoy it for the rest of the week. If you want to gift it, make a gift card and give your recipient a little something green to wear this year.
Homemade Irish cream
Yields 4 cups
- 2 cups heavy cream (I used whipping cream for extra creaminess)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups Irish whiskey (I used Jameson)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Throw the whole ingredient list in a blender and bam… you're done!
Pour some in your glass and you've got a simple Irish cream on ice. Yum!