Gym bag essentials: Gear for each type of gym gal
All types of fitness buffs enjoy a good workout at the gym, but even if your workout is a sweaty success, is your gym bag lacking? If that’s the case or you just need a few new ideas, we’re here to help. No matter what gym personality you are, we have the perfect gym bag, along with some essentials you should never hit the gym without.
Girl on the go
Whether she's fitting her workout in over lunch, in between classes or after errands, this girl with a hectic schedule doesn't have a minute to spare.
- Lululemon Urban Oasis tote ($118): Everything will be in its place with this tote-style gym bag that can double as a beach bag.
- Ilia Multi-Stick ($34): Add some color to your eyes, cheeks and lips with this organic multipurpose stick that will have you ready for an afternoon meeting in a snap.
- Oribe Cote d'Azur hair refresher ($22): When a full shampoo isn't an option, spritz your locks with this refresher that will perk up your coif and disguise the fact you were just at the gym.
- Q-tips Precision Tips ($3): Smudged makeup, beware! These Q-Tips will fix any eye makeup that might have smudged while you were sweating it out.
- Sonia Kashuk Tile Print Makeup Organizer ($10): Keep all your toiletries perfectly organized in this stylish gym bag must-have.
For the gal whose gym is the great outdoors, don't leave home without these essentials that will make an outdoor workout a breeze.
- North Face Women's Surge II Back Pack ($125): Made of hyper-durable ballistic nylon, this comfortable sack has enough space for a full-day trek.
- Maui Jim Hot Sands sunglasses ($189) If you're active, these sunglasses were made for you.
- Nike Dri-Fit Daybreak Cap ($22) Lightweight and moisture wicking, this hat will keep the harmful rays away.
- Laura Mercier Daily Face Shield SPF 40 ($45): Protect your skin with this weightless paraben-free moisturizer for all skin types.
- Timex IronMan Run Trainer GPS ($200): Heart rate monitor, GPS, watch and more, this is a nature enthusiast's go-to wrist accessory.
The stylista lives to turn heads and has to look good at all times — even at the gym.
- Lo & Sons The O.G. in Black ($295): Although a splurge, this is the gym bag for the girl who likes to look good, hands down.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Hydrafull Gloss ($18): Your pout won't know what hit it with this super gloss that will increase volume and looks great for hours.
- The Duelette hair tie ($15): When it's not adding some stylish flair to your ponytail, the Duelette can be worn on your wrist as a bracelet (no one will know it's actually for your hair!).
- Diane von Furstenberg Stone Leopard Print Earbuds ($18): These chic earbuds will add a pop of color to your ears — without looking like everyone else's.
- FITS sock co. No Show socks ($15): No boring white socks here! Show off your personality with these performance socks that will cushion your feet while staying put.
Yoga-lovin' eco girl
Calm and collected, the yogi is all about eco-friendly finds, and her gym bag is as cool as she is.
- JoBird Yoga Carryall ($119): With a Velcro sleeve for your mat, this fade- and mildew-resistant bag — made in the USA — is chic and fun. There's a color for every yoga personality!
- eKO Light Natural Yoga Mat ($48): What's not to love about this yoga mat? It's made of natural tree rubber that's the perfect blend of performance and sustainability.
- Athleta Skidless Premium Towel by Yogitoes ($64): As the temperature rises and you start slipping, place this towel on your yoga mat to stay focused and slip-free.
- Pilayo Braid Headband ($12): Functional and pretty, this is one headband that you'll want in every color.
- Sonia Kashuk Matte Blotting Papers ($7): Feeling shiny after all those downward dogs? These will freshen you right up without smudging your makeup.
Hard-core gym chick
The gym is all about working hard, and the hard-core gym chick is no-nonsense, from her workout to her gym bag essentials.
- Nike Ultimatum Max Air All-Weather Duffle ($110) This is a hard-core gym bag, complete with a shoulder strap and side pocket ventilation.
- Gymboss Interval Timer ($20): Don't miss a beat with this timer. Use it for interval training or whatever else you're working on.
- Harbinger Pro Women's Lifting Gloves ($14): Make sure your hands stay soft with these gloves that will keep pesky callouses away, no matter what weight you're lifting.
- Brita Hard-Sided Bottle ($20): Durable and versatile, this bottle delivers filtered water whenever you need it.
- Luna Protein Bar ($2): Fuel up with a bar that tastes almost too good to be true. Choose from guilt-free Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookie Dough and more.