Single? So what! Instead of sitting at home alone sulking this Feb. 14, invite your unattached gal pals over and whip up some delicious anti-Valentine’s Day drinks.
We’ve also picked out several pretty (and totally appropriate) lip glosses to go along with each. Because after all, what’s better than makeup and booze on a holiday like this?
The Bitter Truth
Cocktail created by David Nepove, National President of the U.S. Bartender’s Guild
Offset the bitterness of your drink with a high-shine gloss that has a hint of vanilla and just a touch of sweetness to make sipping even more pleasurable. Featuring vitamin E and jojoba butter, your lips will be so soft that if you do wind up with a Valentine’s kiss, he’ll be more than pleased (trust us)!
- 1-1/2 parts EFFEN Vodka
- 2 dashes Jerry Thomas’ The Bitter Truth™ Bitters (or similar bitters such as Angostura Bitters)
- 1 part simple syrup
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1-12 parts tonic water
- Add all ingredients (except tonic) to a cocktail shaker over ice and shake.
- Strain and pour your drink into a cocktail glass with ice.
- Top with tonic water, and garnish with a lemon wheel in the glass. Finito!
The best part about being single? Having the license to flirt, of course! Whether you’re simply kicking it at home or plan on going out with your girls after cocktails, Napoleon Perdis’ Luminous Lip Veil in Caramel Kiss is the perfect gloss to play up your pout in a naturally stunning way. Plus, it’s scented with lychee, the fruit of romance and passion!
- 2 ounces Three Olives Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce dark creme de cacao liqueur
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a martini glass.
- Combine vodka, dark creme de cacao and coffee liqueur in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously. Strain your cocktail into a martini glass.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a maraschino cherry. Now, drink up!
The Cucumber Stiletto Martini
Photo and recipe courtesy of Imperia Sushi & Lounge in Austin, Texas
Makes 2 servings
No date? No problem! This pretty peachy pink shimmer gloss pairs perfectly with the refreshing Cucumber Stiletto cocktail and will have you feeling like a total girl. So sit back, relax, unwind and release all that tension this Valentine’s Day. We have to admit, the name of this product alone is enough to make us want to go out and buy it…
- 2 cups fresh cucumber (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 2 ounces Ty Ku Soju
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce St. Germain
- Lime juice to taste
- Muddle cucumber in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, sake, St. Germain and lime juice.
- Shake and serve in a martini glass garnished with a cucumber slice, and then enjoy!
Pucker’s Crimson Pout
Photo and recipe courtesy of Pucker Vodka
Pucker up ladies, and let your lips do the talking! Now, normally, two is always better than one (except when it comes to your relationship status, duh). That’s why we just couldn’t resist including Sephora’s Love at First Sight Glossy Gloss Duo, consisting of two heartbreaking shades: Think Pink and Confectionary. Choose your favorite or mix both together for a funky, fun Valentine’s Day pout. You’re bound to fall hard.
- 1-1/2 parts Pucker Vodka Cherry Tease
- 4 fresh cherries (pitted)
- 1 part lemon Juice
- 1 part simple syrup
- 2 basil leaves (torn)
- Add fresh cherries to a cocktail shaker; muddle.
- Next, add all remaining ingredients to the cocktail shaker. Shake and double strain.
- Now pour into a coupe glass, and savor the taste.