If you have a special occasion — such as a birth, a wedding, or a major anniversary — the White House can send you a personalized greeting. Find out how to get one here.
The White House Greetings Office will provide citizens with special Presidential greetings and acknowledgements for the following occasions:
- the birth of a child
- 80th and subsequent birthdays
- 50th and subsequent anniversaries
- acknowledgements of Boy Scout or Girl Scout awards
- bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs
- condolences for a loss (i.e. sympathy cards for a death)
All requests should be submitted in writing and should be either mailed or faxed.
Faxed requests should include the same information as a mailed request, as well as the name and phone number of the sender.
Please send your request to:
The White House, Room 39 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington DC 20502 Fax number: 202-395-1232
A request for a greeting on the birth of a child should include:
- the child’s full name
- date of the child’s birth
- parents’ complete name
- titles (such as Mr. and Mrs., Dr. and Mrs.)
- parents’ complete address (including ZIP Code)
Birth greetings will be sent within four weeks of notification. A request for a birthday, wedding or anniversary greeting should include:
- individual’s or couple’s name(s)
- titles (such as Mr. and Mrs., Miss or Ms)
- individual’s or couple’s complete address (including ZIP Code)
- full date of birth or marriage (month, day, year)
Requests should be sent to the White House Greetings Office four weeks prior to the birthday or anniversary to insure adequate time for processing. The hand-addressed greeting will be mailed
one (1) week prior to the event.
A request for an acknowlegdement for scouting awards and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs should include:
- individual’s name
- name of the award/occasion
- date of presentation/occasion
- complete address of the individual
Requests should be sent to the White House Greeting Office four weeks prior to the event.
A request for a condolence/sympathy card should include:
- individual’s name
- date of death
- circumstances of death
- Name(s) and complete address(es) of family member(s) to whom card will be sent
Condolences will be sent within four weeks of notification.
For more information, please call the National Contact Center toll-free at 1-800-FED-INFO, or call your Representative in Congress, or contact the White House Greetings Office at the address
above or by telephone at 202-456-5447.