In a world full of romantic comedies, we get that living the single life can be tough. But instead of looking at the glass half empty and thinking you’ll die old and alone, try relishing all the amazing reasons why it’s totally fabulous to live life as a free and unattached woman.
1. You can focus on yourself more
When you’re single, you have the time to find out what’s best for you. And whether that means focusing on your career or finally achieving that beach-ready body, the amount of “you time” is literally endless.
2. More girls nights
OK, so maybe some friends come and go. But when you’re single, you and your girls can do whatever the heck you want.
3. And ladies night just got more awesome
Say it with us: Free drinks are the best drinks. And you don’t have to feel guilty about harmless flirting to get them.
4. Pizza is there — and always has been
Take it from Julia, relationships with food are often the best kind of relationships ever.
5. Leave your stuff wherever you want
And never have to share even the tiniest sliver of space. Let’s face it, sharing everything kind of sucks, especially the bathroom.
6. So go ahead, make a mess right now
We’re just gonna leave this here.
7. Your bed is all yours
Yes, you can hog as much of the covers as you want.
8. Binge infinite amounts of Hallmark movies without judgment
And never have to worry about blaming those tears on nonexistent allergies again.
9. Don’t have to meet anyone’s parents
Say goodbye to boring and awkward convos about stuff — insert useless political argument here — you really couldn’t care less about.
10. Give the foundation a rest
Your skin can finally breathe now! Plus, if you were with someone who couldn’t see you without makeup on, good riddance.
11. No pressure to buy lingerie you don’t want to wear
Hello, granny panties!
12. Don’t have to shave for anyone
Make #NoShaveNovember a permanent thing.
13. You definitely won’t be cheated on
Go ahead, take a big sigh of relief.
14. Nothing will come between you and Tom Hardy
Or any other male celebrity you constantly fantasize about.
15. One-on-one time with your vibrator, orgasm guaranteed
Say hello to your little friend.
16. Take trips your ex never wanted to take
Grab your girls and go, go, go!
17. Spend what you want without getting the third degree
And can buy yourself that (insert wishlist item here) you’ve always wanted.
18. Don’t have to deal with annoying social media statuses
Besides, do those friends of friends even care who you’re dating anyway?
19. Snore as loud as you want
Farts are totally welcome, too. Yes, I went there.
20. Say ridiculously awesome things like this…
That will stop Grandma’s never-ending “Why are you still single” questions.
21. Flirting with yourself is totally awesome, too
So awkward but so fun.
22. Alone time — say it with me
Yep, you totally can Netflix-and-chill alone.
23. But most of all, it’s really cool to be single, and you don’t need a reason
Take that, obnoxious couples everywhere!
24. We’d like to think Beyoncé would agree
Rock on, sassy single ladies everywhere!