What do we want? Let me get my list; new clothes, to lose ten pounds, to find more time in the day, maybe a personal assistant, ooh or a chef?! When do we want it? Now!
You can have all of those things. Ok, maybe not a personal assistant or a chef; but more exercise and a healthier diet without feeling like you’re sacrificing what you love. Follow along girls, we’re going to show you how.
1. Multitask in the morning
While you blow dry your hair, you can do squats, lunges, curtsy lunges, calf raises and more. Working the lower body is fairly easy while you blow dry. If you have a whole bunch of hair to dry, you could fit in a 10-15 minute lower body workout. Just be careful not to hurt yourself with all that awesome multitasking, form is still important.
2. Park farther away
Chances are, you’ve heard this one before, but parking farther away and taking the stairs throughout your day are a great way to get a little more activity.
3. Wear that baby
This applies to new moms looking for a way to fit in a little activity between feedings and diaper changes. Wear that baby, every chance you get! Think about it, performing daily tasks like laundry, grocery shopping and browsing the mall while holding your little 6-20 pound weight is a great workout. You’ll be burning so many extra calories without even thinking about it. Breastfeeding that new baby is a great way to torch calories as well!
4. Do your chores, quickly
Remember when you were a kid and your mom asked you to clean your room before you could go out? You probably tore through your room at lightning speed, throwing things here and there. Take a tip from years past and do mundane household chores with a little pep in your step to burn more calories.
5. Make healthy food choices
We all know we need to eat a little bit better. Without getting confused by this diet or that diet, let’s just talk about a few simple calorie-saving choices that you can make while cooking or when making choices throughout your day.
- Choose Skim milk instead of 2% or whole.
- Swap the pork bacon with turkey bacon.
- Use a light coating of oil spray when pan cooking instead of pouring straight from the bottle.
- Choose lean meats and cut away visible fat.
- Eat foods that are grilled, baked or broiled instead of fried.
- Use spices to flavor food instead of sauces.
- Look for food choices with less sugar and calories. Trop50, squeezed from fresh oranges, has the same great taste as their original brand but 50% fewer calories. 1 8oz glass of is only going to cost you 50 Calories (versus regular orange juice which will set you back 110). This means you can enjoy a small glass of juice with a morning muffin without all the guilt.
By getting creative and not being afraid of looking a little silly sometimes (hello, doing squats while you blow dry) you can achieve a more active lifestyle and a healthier diet.
This post is brought to you by Trop50 and SheKnows.