Looking for a heartfelt way to say I love you? Valentine’s crafts aren’t just for kids — give something homemade that your guy is sure to love this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day isn’t all about spending your savings on gifts and a lavish dinner. In fact, you can say I love you just as well with a homemade gift tailored to your guy.
Is your man not himself until he’s had his morning coffee? Help him protect his fingers, keep his coffee warm and style up his coffee with this manly-yet-cute felt coffee cup warmer.
- 1 A4 sheet of felt in the colour of your choice
- 1 A4 sheet of felt in a complementary colour
- 1 button
- Needle and thread
- Using a disposable coffee cup, cut a rectangle out of the first piece of fabric that will fit around the cup with about 2 centimetres of overhang on the edge.
- Next, cut a pattern or shapes out of the complementary coloured felt and sew it to the band of felt you cut in step 1.
- Cut a button hole in one end of the felt warmer and sew the button onto the other end. Place over a steaming cup of coffee and you’re good to go.
If the way to your man’s heart is through his stomach then he’ll love the effort of homemade heart-shaped ravioli. If you’re worried about your domestic abilities, don’t panic — there’s no need to make your own pasta, just your own delicious filling.
- 1 packet of wonton wrappers or fresh lasagna sheets
- 1 heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Filling of your choice — we used a pumpkin and pine nut ravioli recipe from Orgasmic Chef
- Make the filling of your choice.
- On a large cutting board, lay out the wonton wrappers in rows. Put a teaspoon of filling in the centre of each, then wet the sides with a moist brush.
- Place a wonton wrapper over the top of each filled wrapper and press to seal the edges. Use the cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes then gently crimp the edges of each shape with a fork.
- Pop the ravioli into a large pot of salted water and boil for 2-3 mintues, making sure not to overcook them. Serve them with the sauce of your choice.
Looking for more delicious ways to say I love you? Here’s a Valentine’s Day meal that’s sure to impress >>
Heart-shaped photo collage
If your guy is into photos or is the sort to reminisce, make a heart-shaped collage out of all your happy snaps to surprise him on Valentine’s Day.
- Black and white photos of you and your lover (at least 30, more if you would like to make a larger heart)
- Blue tac or double-sided sticky tape
- A blank wall
- Using blue tac or sticky tape, make an outline of a heart on the wall of your choice. Pop some more blue tac or tape at various points inside the heart as well.
- Stick the photos to the wall, making sure they overlap to create a collage. Bring your favourite snaps to the front and you’re ready to celebrate your life together.