It’s Valentine’s Day soon and whether or not you like to celebrate this holiday, it is the perfect excuse to spice things up in the bedroom with your partner.
Sure, you can wine and dine each other and go out for a luxurious meal, but why not stay at home and whip up these aphrodisiac desserts which are sure to keep you up all night.
From chocolate to avocado, there are foods that are powerful aphrodisiacs and, when combined to create delicious and sexy desserts, you will have trouble keeping your hands off each other come Valentine’s Day.
Aphrodisiac ingredients perfect for desserts
Almonds have long been considered a symbol for birth and fertility. It is said that the scent of almonds can arouse a woman. Add this to your dessert and you are sure to be aroused. Almonds are also high in vitamin E, magnesium and fibre.
Avocados are high in folic acid which increases histamine in the body; this process is necessary in order for both men and women to orgasm. Avocado also contains vitamin E which helps produce hormones like testerone and oestrogen which help stimulate the body during sex.
A phallic symbol if we ever saw one, the banana contains minerals and enzymes that enhance the male libido.
Just by looking at this fruit, you can tell it has some sort of arousing qualities and is said to resemble a woman’s genitalia.
Capsaicin, a chemical found in fiery peppers, increases circulation to get blood pumping and stimulates nerve endings so you’ll feel more turned on.
Pure chocolate, the most powerful of aphrodisiacs. Chocolate contains what is known as the feel-good chemical anandamide and phenylethylamine (PEA), the love chemical. These two combined make for some seriously happy brain connections which go off during an orgasm.
More ideas on how to keep the spark in your relationship. 5 Ways to keep your marriage strong >>
Sensual aphrodisiac recipes
Sharing is caring, and sharing is just damned sexy when it comes to dessert. Here are a list of the perfect dessert recipes featuring some of the aphrodisiacs above.
There’s no need to own a fancy fondue set to enjoy this delicious dessert at home. Simple melt your favourite chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water, making sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Place the chocolate into a bowl and have your favourite fruits chopped and ready to go. Be sure to include bananas and figs!
Creamy avocado mousse
It might sound strange, but avocados are a great addition to desserts. It’s the texture not the taste that makes this the perfect ingredient.
- 1 soft Hass avocado
- 100 grams of cacao chocolate
- 1/4 cup of thick coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chocolate and coconut milk into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until smooth. Let the mixture cool slightly, but not harden.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a food processor along with chocolate mixture. Blend until it has a smooth, mousse-like consistency.
- Serve in small cups with a service of cream.
- Add some chilli to this recipe to give it a bit of spice.
At home date nights. 5 Ways to have a romantic night at home >>
- 125 millilitres Kahlua
- 125 millilitres almond liqueurs
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 cup of ice whipped cream
- Crushed almonds
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing glass and shake well.
- Add ingredients to blender and add ice.
- Blend until ice is crushed and serve in chilled dessert glasses.
- Add whipped cream on top with almond shards to serve.