Education doesn’t just stop after you’re finished going to school. The modern-day woman needs to stay up-to-date with the latest information about sex and everything having to do with sex to make sure she stays safe — and in the know.
How many of these did you actually know?
1. We automatically perceive people who smell good as more attractive.
2. Ginger stimulates the feelings of excitement associated with sex. Eating ginger elevates your heart rate, gets your blood flowing and gets you excited for the night ahead.
3. A study found that men feel more emotional pain after a breakup than women do.
4. It’s official: This study shows that men and women cannot be just friends.
5. Sperm can be considered an anti-aging treatment, as it has a tightening effect on the skin.
6. Sleep-deprived men are more likely to believe women want to have sex with them. This is not a joke.
7. People who are into kinkier sex may be psychologically healthier.
8. Endorphins released during sexual activity create a euphoria similar to opioid drug use.
9. Some people experience the same feeling of arousal when thinking about food as when having sex. (I might be one of them.)
10. After ovulation, a female’s egg is fertile for 24 to 48 hours, and a man’s sperm can live 48 hours inside the female body. Do the math, and be careful. There have been documented cases of live sperm discovered eight days after sex.
11. Twelve per cent of adults have had sex at work.
12. You can’t say happiness without saying penis. (You’re welcome.)
13. Around 30 per cent of women have trouble reaching orgasm.
14. The Kama Sutra lists 30 types of kisses. Askew — when two heads are tilted in opposite directions. Kiss to ignite — a kiss at the corners of the mouth that occurs in the middle of the night to kindle love. Bite classic — when taken between the teeth with a lot of skin. How many have you tried?
15. A study found that good sex triggers the region of the brain associated with falling in love.
16. According to a study, people who have sex once or twice a week have their immune systems boosted slightly.
17. Still have that condom from a while back? Toss it! The average shelf life of a latex condom is about two years.
18. It’s a good idea to keep your own condoms, since you don’t know how long your partner’s been holding on to his. Condoms kept in wallets for over a month are more likely to break.
19. Think twice before swallowing if you’re on a diet. There are five calories in a teaspoon of semen.
20. A man can reduce his chances of getting prostate cancer by having at least four orgasms a week. Take care of your man.
21. There are some foods that boost your sex drive, one of them being black raspberries. This phytochemical-rich food enhances both libido and endurance. Oysters are high in zinc, which is vital for testosterone production and healthy sperm. Watermelon contains citrulline amino acid, good for the cardiovascular system and to help relax the blood vessels that increase your sex drive.
22. The average vagina is 3 to 4 inches long but can expand by 200 per cent when sexually aroused.
24. Sex is 10 times more effective than Valium.
24. Shaving your pubic area increases your chances of spreading an STI.
25. Yeah, they’re called STIs (sexually transmitted infections) now instead of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).