Booty-sculpting exercises that don't require equipment
?Looking to flaunt a sexy, sculpted bikini bottom this summer? All it takes is a few moves to lift and tone your rear.
Photo credit: imagewers/Getty Images
Since the weather is beautiful it’s much easier and more fun to perform your workouts outdoors. This workout can be done anywhere and does not require any weights.
How it works: Do 20 reps of each exercise. Perform each set 3 times.
Equipment required: A mat or towel.
Single leg bridge
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet hip-width apart. Bring right knee into your chest. Lift hips off the ground pressing them straight toward the sky. Engage glutes the entire time.
- Lower back down still keeping knee in toward chest. Perform 10 reps on each side.
Plank with leg lift
- Come into a forearm plank with shoulders drawn together, legs engaged and stomach tight. Engage glutes and lift right leg up to hip height.
- Bring foot back down and switch sides. Continue alternating, lifting one leg and then the other. Perform 10 reps each side.
- Come onto hands and knees with wrists under shoulders and knees under hips. Lift right leg up to hip-height. Bend knee and flex your foot. Lift bent knee up toward the sky then drop it down to the floor.
- Maintain a straight spine and still torso. Repeat movement for 10 reps on each side.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart. Bend knees, shift hips back and swing arms by your sides. Jump off the ground as high as possible.
- Land softly with chest lifted. Immediately jump off the ground again, keeping feet and knees pointed straight ahead. Perform 20 reps.
Two leg bridges
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet hip-width apart. Press hands into the floor and lift hips toward the sky. Keep glutes and core stomach engaged the entire time.
- Lower hips back down to the ground and repeat the movement. Perform 20 reps.
Downward dog leg raises
- Come into a straight arm plank with wrists under shoulders and legs extended. Shift hips up and back into a downward dog. Relax head, press palms into the floor and press your chest toward your thighs.
- Lift right leg up to hip height then draw knee toward chest. Lift leg back up to hip height and repeat the movement. Perform 10 reps each side.