3 Playlists for a perfectly paced run
Is there a little voice inside that's telling you that you can't do it? Drown it out with these playlists handpicked to keep you on-pace.
Photo credits: Dirima / iStock / 360 / Getty images
Need some new tunes to run, jog or walk to while getting your marathon on? We feel you, and we're here to help with three near perfectly timed playlists mixed with all our favorite songs from various genres. Cue up these playlists, and you'll be ready to rock to the beat, without tripping over your feet!
Fast (for an 8 minute mile)
This mix of songs is perfect for anyone with around an 8 minute mile. Some songs are a little faster and some a tiny bit slower to give you a chance to catch your breath.
- "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. (172 BPM)
- "La La Land" by Demi Lovato (170 BPM)
- "After Midnight" by Blink 182 (168 BPM)
- "Graceless" by The National (172 BPM)
- "Burn" by Ellie Goulding (174 BPM)
Medium (for an 11-12 minute mile)
All of these songs are perfect for either jogging, running at a slower (and probably safer) speed or transitioning between a faster or slower pace.
- "Drunk in Love" by Beyonce (140 BPM)
- "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry featuring Juicy J (136 BPM)
- "Gypsy" by Lady Gaga (134 BPM)
- "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons featuring Kendrick Lamar (136 BPM)
- "Girlfriend" by Phoenix (136 BPM)
Slow (for a 15-16 minute mile)
The best part of this playlist is that if you love to run on half-beats, all of these songs would also work for an 8ish minute mile, as long as you ran at double the pace.
- "Do I Wanna Know?" by Arctic Monkeys (85 BPM)
- "Recover" by Chvrches (85 BPM)
- "Started from the Bottom" by Drake (86 BPM)
- "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift (88 BPM)
- "V. 3005" by Childish Gambino (83 BPM)
Feel free to subscribe and use any of our coinciding Spotify playlists. Or use our suggestions to make up your own and help you run in interval speeds. Whatever you choose, make sure to keep out one earbud if you're running outside so you don't lose track of your surroundings entirely.