Healthy smoothie: Raw chocolate peanut butter and banana
Get your greens, protein and a lot of other goodness every day with this amazing-tasting smoothie.
The good stuff
This raw chocolate peanut butter and banana smoothie has it all:
- Green Superfood supports body alkalinity, boosts energy and your immune system, and is gluten free. It will also provide you with five to nine daily servings of fruits and vegetables. By adding Raw Fit Protein, you will help increase in energy, maintain healthy blood sugar levels and satisfy hunger.
- Bananas have various health benefits, but most importantly are packed with potassium and plenty of B vitamins to relieve stress and eliminate sugar cravings.
- Raw organic fresh-ground peanut butter is chock-full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, bone-building magnesium, muscle-friendly potassium, and immunity-boosting vitamin B6.
- Organic ground flaxseed is high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as phytochemicals called lignans. Flaxseed may also help lower total blood cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol levels, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Almond milk is high in calcium, high in omega-3 fatty acids, low in calories and low in fat. It's a great alternative to traditional cow’s milk and is naturally loaded with vitamins and minerals, where cow's milk, rice milk and soy milk are often fortified with various minerals and vitamins.
Raw chocolate peanut butter and banana smoothie
- 1 scoop (8 grams) Chocolate Green Superfood by Amazing Grass
- 1 scoop (45 grams) Raw Fit Protein by Garden of Life
- 1-1/2 frozen organic bananas (amount can vary depending on desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons raw organic fresh-ground peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons organic ground flaxseed
- 16 ounces organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pour the almond milk to the blender. Adding the liquid first ensures the powders don't get stuck to the bottom of the blender.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Blend ingredients to your desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.