Have you ever been so inspired to amp up your health that you rush to the grocery store to stock up on as many leafy green vegetables as you can find, only to realize that a few days later, many of these greens have wilted in your refrigerator? Wilting greens are the worst!
Good clean greens
What if I told you that I’ve found a “supermarket super find” that lasts longer than your regular greens, and is also completely organic, convenient and delicious? Introducing, Organic Girl Good Clean Greens. These ready-to-eat, triple washed organic greens come in a snazzy clamshell container, which helps to lock in freshness. Eco-lovers rejoice! Their containers are also made from 100 percent recycled materials.
While pre-packaged greens may seem like a more expensive grocery shopping route to go, if you have a hard time consuming your greens fast enough, then this option is the money saving secret! Food that goes to waste, even if it is cheaper at the check-out, is really just money down the drain.
Enjoy my simple, healthy salad recipe featuring my supermarket find.
Blueberry, Hazelnut & Spinach Salad
Spinach, the foundation of this simple, healthy salad, is a rich source of calcium, iron and fiber! Hazelnuts add a crunchy source of protein, vitamin A, vitamin E, manganese, selenium and the immune boosting mineral, zinc. Blueberries, an antioxidant rich super fruit, provide a touch of sweetness and added texture. Avocados, a creamy and heart-healthy source of omega-3 fatty acids, help to lower cholesterol, manage blood sugar levels, and just taste amazing! This salad is a complete meal, nourishing to the body and absolutely delicious!
- 4 cups Organic Girl Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon organic raw unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemonette all-natural salad dressing
- Add coconut oil and hazelnuts to a medium pan over medium heat. Let hazelnuts toast, stirring occasionally so they do not burn.
- Meanwhile, wash fresh blueberries and set aside. Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and spoon out avocado “meat”.
- With a kitchen knife, chop avocado into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place spinach into a large bowl, add blueberries, avocado, warm toasty hazelnuts and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately. Best enjoyed while hazelnuts are still warm!