If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SheKnows may receive an affiliate commission.
You either love Valentine’s Day or you hate it, but no matter where you fall on the controversial holiday, nearly everyone agrees that milkshakes are a delicious treat that can be used to celebrate any holiday. This Valentine’s day, we decided to create a booze-infused milkshake that will both delight starry-eyed lovers and soothe the souls of the Valentine’s Day naysayers. It can even be made kid-friendly by simply not adding the alcohol so it truly is a decadent dessert to be enjoyed by all. You can also swap in your favorite plant-based ice cream if you’re vegan or just trying to go dairy-free. Cheers!
(recipe makes one milkshake)
- 3 Scoops strawberry ice cream
- 3 Scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 Cup milk or milk alternative
- 3 oz Vodka, divided
- 1 oz Grenadine
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Add 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream to a blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of milk or milk alternative and 1.5 oz vodka to the blender and blend for about 10 seconds or until a thick, creamy texture is achieved. Set aside.
- Add 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream to a blender.
- Add 1 oz grenadine and 1.5 oz vodka to the blender and blend for about 10 seconds or until a thick, creamy texture is achieved. Set aside.
- In a glass, pour the vanilla mixture into the glass.
- Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the vanilla. You can pour the mixture into the glass over the back of a spoon to help give more definition to the layers.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Drink and enjoy!