There really isn’t anything I don’t love about Halloween. It’s been my favorite holiday since I was just a couple of years old and now, even as an adult, I still go all out. Come September 1st, I transform my home into a real-life haunted house with just about every inch of space decorated for my favorite holiday. I’ve even garnered the coveted title of creepiest house on the block due to the extensive mini haunted house I create on my front lawn. But even someone who loves Halloween as much as I can’t deny that the real star of the show is the candy. Without candy, there would be no trick or treating and without trick or treating, Halloween would not be the holiday we know and love. So this year, why not make some of the ghoulishly good candy you’ve ever seen (and tasted!)? This Halloween bark candy is easy enough for kids to make and delicious enough for adults to enjoy. Here’s how to. make it.
Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Target is a SheKnows sponsor, however, all products in this article were independently selected by our editors. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the white and dark chocolate according to package directions.
- Spread the white chocolate onto the lined baking sheet use a rubber spatula to spread and smooth it out.
- Use a spoon to drizzle lines of dark chocolate on top of the white chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to feather the dark chocolate out into spider web shapes.
- Sprinkle all of your toppings onto the bark while the chocolate is still warm.
- Gently press larger toppings into chocolate and set aside to let it harden for about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can put the bark in your fridge to harden within 10-15 minutes.
- Once the bark has hardened, cup or break it into pieces. You can store it in an airtight container in your fridge for up to five days.
Shop the ingredients:
Gummy witch hats