We only have a little bit of time left to use up all of that fresh, juicy summer watermelon. Yes, it’s amazing on its own but we also love it because it can be used in so many different ways. One of our favorite ways is to transform it into a delicious watermelon and mango salsa. This salsa only requires a few ingredients and takes just a couple of minutes to make. It’s a great appetizer, after-school snack, potluck dish or movie night treat. You can easily adjust the spice level by removing the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño or you can replace the jalapeño with sweet bell pepper. This salsa is great on its own with some chips but you can also use it as a topping for tacos or grilled proteins like fish and chicken. It’s best to eat this salsa while it’s fresh but you can keep it in your refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Red Onion
- Lime juice
- Cut watermelon and mango into small 1/4″ pieces.
- Finely dice half of one red onion.
- Finely dice one jalapeno. Remove the seeds to make the salsa less spicy.
- Combine watermelon, mango, onion and jalapeño in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp salt. Stir to combine.
- Add Tajin to taste (about 1 tsp.).
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve
Shop the recipe
Tajin adds a unique chili flavor to this sweet salsa.
Using a high-quality chef’s knife will make all of the chopping and dicing much easier.
Get all of your fresh ingredients delivered to your doorstep through Instacart.