The summer months are finally here and now that social gatherings are starting to become a thing again, we want to go all out when celebrating the summer holidays. That means lots of festive outdoor decor and of course, show-stopping desserts that Martha Stewart herself would be proud to serve. This year we’re keeping our gorgeous desserts simple by utilizing store-bought products and fresh, in-season berries. So without further ado, let me introduce you to the only dessert recipe you need this summer: sugar cookie berry pizza.
Don’t let it fool you — although it looks fancy, it couldn’t be easier to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Store-bought sugar cookie dough
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Apricot jelly
- Hot water, 1-2 tablespoons
- Slice the cookie dough into thin slices. You want them to be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Press them into a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool completely before transferring the crust to the serving dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine one package of softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and cream together.
- Spread frosting mixture over the cooled cookie crust.
- Wash and slice berries, then arrange berries in a pattern on top of the cream cheese frosting.
- Combine a few tablespoons of hot water with about 1/4 cup of apricot jelly. Stir until jelly is thin and easily drips off a spoon.
- Use a brush to apply the apricot glaze over the fruit.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Before you go, check out our roundup of summer cocktails below: