Chocolate-covered strawberries are one of the most famous and traditional Valentine’s Day desserts. Not only are they delicious, but they are an easy and decadent treat you can make right at home (which is where most of us will be spending Valentine’s Day this year). We’re all familiar with the traditional chocolate-dipped strawberries but we wanted to come up with a way to add a whole new level of luxury to this sweet confection and that’s how the idea of Nutella-stuffed chocolate-dipped strawberries was born.
Making these sweet treats only requires a few extra steps and the result is absolutely drool-worthy. You can customize them any way you’d like by dipping them into any number of different toppings. We chose to dip ours in festive Valentine’s Day sprinkles and crushed nuts but you could also dip them in crushed Oreos, crushed pretzels or coconut flakes.
Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
- White chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate melting wafers
- Remove stems from strawberries and cut out the center.
- Use a butterknife to fill the hollow strawberries with Nutella.
- Place Nutella-filled strawberries in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the Nutella to harden (optional).
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for another 30 seconds. Repeat this process until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Push a toothpick through the top of the strawberry and dip the end of the strawberry in the melted chocolate and immediately dip the strawberry into the sprinkles or nuts.
- Place strawberries on a parchment-lined tray and allow them to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Shop the post
Get your strawberries delivered to your door through Instacart.
White Chocolate Chips
Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers