If you’re a Food Network fan and and a lover of sweets, Elizabeth Chambers is likely a familiar name and face. The culinary entrepreneur and TV personality is the owner and founder of Bird Bakery (with locations in Dallas and San Antonio, Texas), and is a frequent guest judge on baking shows like Best Baker in America, Chopped Sweets, and Cupcake Wars. (Shameless plug: She’s also a featured speaker at this year’s BlogHer Food event!)
Chambers talked to SheKnows exclusively about her favorite holiday treats, entertaining hacks, and easy, edible gift ideas — and even shared Bird Bakery’s recipe for Reindeer Feed. Check out the recipe below, and watch along as she demonstrates the easy how-to details.
Bird Bakery’s Reindeer Feed
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 2 TRAYS)
Pretzel, Sticks – 8 oz
Cheerios, Plain – 9 oz
Life Cereal, Original – 9 oz
Oatmeal Squares, Brown Sugar – 10 oz
M&Ms, Peanut (Red and Green) – 1.5 lbs
M&Ms, Plain (Red and Green) – 1.5 lbs
Peanuts, Unsalted – 1 lb
Cranberries, Dried – 3 cups
Chocolate Chips, White – 3.5 cups
1. Melt white chocolate in double boiler (or bain-marie). If melting in the microwave, be careful not to burn and add milk or cream, if necessary.
2. Divide recipe into 2 large bowls, each bowl having equal halves of all ingredients.
3. Pour melted chocolate equally between both bowls.
4. Mix everything with wooden spoon or gloved (or clean, if baking at home) hands.
5. Divide chocolate covered mixture between two parchment-lined cookie sheets.
6. Add jimmies (sprinkles) or sanding sugar and additional cranberries or cherries, if
7. Wait for mixture to completely dry and harden before breaking into pieces to bag, place
in tins or serve immediately.
Elizabeth’s pro tip: For an easy DIY edible gift this holiday season, place Reindeer Feed in cello bags, tie with a pretty ribbon, and add a personalized sticker.