Let’s face it — by the time lunch hour rolls around, most of us fall into a familiar trap of grabbing what seems like the fastest option. Unfortunately, that often means reaching for something unhealthy, and if we’re really being honest, totally unfulfilling, from a vending machine or junk food shelf.
You know what, though? Life doesn’t have to be an endless parade of lackluster lunches that leave you feeling blah. Think outside the box! (Or potato chip bag, as it were.) With a little creativity, you can whip up a quick and nutritious lunch out of ingredients you already have at home.
A jalapeño tuna-stuffed avocado is a perfect example. It’s incredibly easy to create, packs a healthy punch and makes those chips you’ve been reaching for look like total chumps.
Trust us… your taste buds will thank you.
Jalapeño tuna-stuffed avocado recipe
- 1 avocado, sliced in half and pit removed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chili (or paprika)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD, Jalapeño pouch
- 1 jalapeño, sliced for garnish (optional)
- Brush the avocado with a little of the lime juice — for flavor and to prevent browning.
- Mix ancho chili powder and garlic powder and sprinkle over the avocado.
- Sprinkle the chives on the avocado.
- Combine the red onion, tomato, cilantro and remaining lime juice and mix.
- Add StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD, Jalapeño pouch to the mixture and lightly toss.
- Scoop the tuna mixture onto the avocado.
- Top it with sliced jalapeño.
This post is sponsored by New StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD pouches.