If you’ve never tried Panko bread crumbs, you’re in for a surprise. These Japanese-style bread crumbs are different from regular bread crumbs because they’re made from crustless bread, giving them a lighter color and a larger, more airy texture. They also tend to stay crunchy longer than your average bread crumb, which is a definite bonus in pretty much any recipe where you might use them.
They’re good for a lot more than coating chicken and giving an extra crunch to casseroles, too. Try out these five easy recipes with Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs to see Panko in a whole new light.
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Chop broccoli finely using a food processor.
- Combine with the egg, onions, cheese, Panko and seasoning.
- Scoop about 1 – 2 tablespoons of the mix and gently press between your hands into a firm ball, then shape into a tater tot shape.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes until golden, turning at the halfway point.
- Serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by Kikkoman.