What’s better than a frosty mug of butterbeer? A frosty mug of butterbeer shrouded in a spooky mist, that’s what. Here’s how to conjure up our favorite wizard’s drink with the coolest dry ice fog effects.
Harry Potter butterbeer recipe
- 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon butterscotch extract
- 1 large block dry ice
- 1 hollowed-out pumpkin large enough to fit dry ice
- 8 (12 ounce) bottles cream soda
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup
- Whip cream and butterscotch extract together to form stiff peaks.
- Place dry ice inside the hollowed-out pumpkin.
- Place a pitcher or vase roughly the same size as the pumpkin’s opening on top of the dry ice.
- Pour cream soda into pitcher or vase. Add caramel syrup and then top with whipped cream.
- Pour water into the pumpkin (but not the pitcher) to activate the dry ice.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.