There must be a thousand different ways to make ice cream sandwiches, but we think this is one of the best. We love the way melting ice cream soaks into the sweet cake of doughnuts. And because when it comes to dessert, more is often more, we’ve rolled these babies in crushed Fruity Pebbles cereal. Enjoy that rainbow crunch, the icy creaminess and the soft doughnut cushion.
Doughnut ice cream sandwiches recipe
- Cake doughnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Use a serrated knife to cut the doughnuts in half.
- Place a scoop of softened ice cream in the center of 1 half.
- Put the 2 pieces together, and press to spread out the ice cream.
- Place into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Make your white chocolate magic shell by mixing the white chocolate chips with the coconut oil and melting in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds more, stir, and repeat until just melted.
- Roll the doughnut sides through the magic shell and then through the crushed Fruity Pebbles.
- Place in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: