Easy Rice Cooker Cheesecake Is Your New Favorite Kitchen Hack
While most of us have been using our rice cookers for, y’know, rice, there’s a tiny little population of people who have been living their best lives and using their good ol’ rice cookers to make cheesecake. And no, that is not a typo. It’s actually really fast — and so easy — to whip up cheesecake in your rice cooker. So why didn’t anybody tell us sooner?!
More: No-bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Is Unbelievably Easy to Whip up
Rice cooker cheesecake recipe
For the crust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into a rice cooker pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to bowl, and mix.
- Add the cornstarch, whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Add to the rice cooker.
- Cook on the “normal” setting.
- Test the consistency with a toothpick. If necessary, put it on another cycle of your rice cooker.
- Let cool. Once cool, put a piece of parchment paper on top of the cheesecake, and flip the pan so the cake goes into your hand. Then place on a plate, and serve.
Originally published April 2016. Updated June 2017.
Leave a Comment