5. Red velvet Rice Krispies Treat sandwiches recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10-ounce) bags marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon red velvet emulsion (if you can’t find red velvet emulsion, you can use 1/4 cup red velvet cake mix and 1 tablespoon vanilla)
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
For the icing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a pan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the marshmallows and red velvet emulsion.
- Once the marshmallows are mostly melted, stir with a butter-coated wooden spoon.
- Scoop 1/2 the mixture into a 9 x 14-inch pan and the other half into another 9 x 14-inch pan. Press down into the pan with waxed paper.
- Make the frosting by creaming together the room-temperature cream cheese and the butter.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Once the Rice Krispies Treats have cooled, remove from the pan, and cut out heart shapes.
- Frost 1/2 the number of heart shapes, and place the other half on top to create your sandwiches.