What’s better than a cream and bourbon-filled doughnut hole? A whole Christmas tree loaded with cream and bourbon-filled doughnut holes, of course.
This brunch treat looks impressive, but it’s ridiculously easy to make. All you do is whip up your filling, pipe it into the doughnut holes and attach to a Styrofoam tree with toothpicks.
If you’re making this ahead of time, be sure to keep chilled until you’re ready to serve. And if this recipe isn’t boozy enough for you, by all means, bump that alcohol up to 2 tablespoons.
Boozy doughnut hole Christmas tree recipe
Ingredients and supplies:
- 80 powdered sugar doughnut holes
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Styrofoam cone
- In a stand mixer, combine whipped cream, bourbon, orange zest, powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks are formed.
- With a small, long frosting tip and a piping bag, fill each doughnut hole with the boozy whipped cream.
- Place toothpick in Styrofoam cone and place doughnut hole on toothpick.