We all know that canned tomatoes are a pantry staple, but we’re guessing you didn’t know just how versatile that one ingredient really is. Check out these five recipes to see just how far you can go with that one simple can.
Spicy tomato braised beef (for tacos) recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 top round steaks
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cans Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups beef broth
- In a slow cooker, heat the olive oil.
- Brown all sides of the top round steak.
- Add the diced onion, cilantro and chopped garlic.
- Once the onion and garlic are sautéed, add the tomatoes and their juice.
- Add the lime juice and beef broth.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
This post was brought to you by Hunt’s, peeled with FlashSteam.