3. Strawberry-rhubarb sorbet recipe
Yields 1-1/2 quarts
- 3/4 pound rhubarb (5 to 6 stalks), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rhubarb, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the rhubarb is easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice the strawberries, and puree them in a blender or food processor with the cooked rhubarb mixture and lemon juice until smooth.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly, and then place it in the freezer. Stir the mixture periodically throughout the freezing process.