2. Rhubarb barbecue sauce recipe
Yields 2 cups
- 4 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Additional salt, to taste
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Generously spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roast the rhubarb and garlic cloves on the baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rhubarb appears soft.
- Transfer the rhubarb and garlic to a food processor or blender, add the remaining ingredients, and puree with the 1 cup of water until smooth.
- Transfer the puree to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, adding more water as needed until the sauce is a desired consistency.
- Keep refrigerated.