When it comes to chewing gum, I’ll admit I don’t know a whole lot about its origin or how it’s made.
Aside from actual facts, I still feel like I know some pretty important stuff. Here’s what I do know about chewing gum:
- It is a bad day when gum gets stuck in your hair, and I don’t care how many people swear by peanut butter, it just isn’t happening.
- People (and by people I mean my husband) do not like it when I loudly snap my gum over and over again.
- When there is gum on the ground, I will step on it, even if it is one tiny blob in the middle of a ginormous parking lot.
- People (and this time I do not mean my husband) like to stick it under tables and bars where I inevitably put my knee in it.
- There are no less than five pieces of gum free-floating around the bottom of my purse at any given time.
If you’re like me and that is the extent of your knowledge, check out this week’s Geeky Food episode. You’ll learn everything you ever wanted to know about chewing gum and probably more, from fun facts to how it can help you when chopping onions. And finally, get the lowdown on whether gum really stays in your stomach for seven years when you swallow it.