2. Chex cereal nachos recipe
- 6 cups Corn Chex cereal
For the cereal seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the nacho toppings
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- Chopped Roma tomatoes
- Sliced green onion
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and all the cereal seasoning ingredients. Add the Chex cereal, and toss to coat.
- Spread the coated cereal mixture on the pan, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake again until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).
- Top with the shredded lettuce and any of the optional nacho toppings listed.
- Serve in individual paper cupcake cups with sporks.