As I’ve gotten older and subsequently more health conscious, I’ve noticed the number of my favorite cereal boxes in my cupboard slowly dwindling. It’s a pretty sad state of affairs considering I wholeheartedly embrace the idea that there’s no ailment or sorrow that sitting in my sweatpants on the couch, downing a massive bowl of Frosted Flakes can’t fix.
My nostalgia for the good old days when box cereal was a diet staple of mine got me thinking: How can I spice up some of my favorite cereals from my younger years and incorporate them into some seriously tasty grown-up recipes? Watch as I show you the five simple and surprising recipes I crafted using box cereal, including breakfast-approved Cinnamon Toast Crunch cupcakes, a Froot Loops super smoothie and party-perfect Chex nachos.
1. Froot Loops smoothie recipe
Yields 1 (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (can be raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 cup Froot Loops cereal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.