Now that it’s officially fall, everything you make must be pumpkin: pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin candles… So why not add a little pumpkin to your happy hour, too?
This delightful cocktail will have you feeling like autumn inside and out. Pumpkin should just be named the official flavor of fall.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/3 cup spiced rum
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cinnamon stick
1. In large pot, mix together pumpkin puree, apple cider, pumpkin pie spice and the cinnamon stick.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
3. Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
4. Strain mixture through mesh strainer to remove clumps and cinnamon stick.
5. Add rum and mix.