If you’ve never enjoyed the soft, almost sweet taste of roasted garlic, then you’ve never really had garlic. Try this foolproof roasting method, and discover for yourself why this coveted kitchen staple is so irresistible.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a knife, cut 1/4-1/2 inch off the tops of the heads, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place the garlic heads in a baking pan. (Muffin pans work well for this purpose.)
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over each head, and add a sprinkle of salt, using your fingers to make sure each garlic head is well coated.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cloves inside the heads feel soft when pressed.
- Allow the garlic to cool.
- Squeeze from the bottoms of the garlic heads to push out the roasted cloves.