This tiki-inspired twist on the daiquiri is sure to impress at your next pool party.
Grilled pineapple daiquiri recipe
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Clément Creole Shrubb (or Cointreau)
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Peel the pineapple, and cut out 3 rings.
- Make a simple syrup: In a saucepan over high heat, add 1 cup of sugar with a 1/2 cup of water.
- Add 2 pineapple rings to the saucepan to create caramelization.
- Grill the caramelized pineapple rings for a slightly charred look.
- Add the grilled pineapple back to the syrup.
- Heat the syrup to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pineapple, and let cool.
- In a shaker with ice, combine the syrup, rum, Creole Shrubb, lime juice and bitters.
- Shake hard, strain into a Collins glass with ice, and then garnish with the third pineapple ring.