Poached pears are a healthier vegan dessert compared to pies, cakes, and cookies. This warmly spiced poached pear recipe is also an elegant vegan dish to add to your vegan entertaining menu.
Poached Pears in Spicy Wine Sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 large ripe but firm Bosc or Anjou pears, peeled
- In a covered saucepan (deep enough to hold a pear upright) over medium-low heat, combine wine, maple syrup, ginger, coriander, cinnamon, and peppercorns.
- Place pears upright in pot and bring liquid to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve immediately, spooning additional wine sauce over pear.
More delicious vegan desserts