If you love chipotle and you love almonds, you’ll love this vegan snack recipe combining the heat of chipotle and the sweetness of brown sugar with the nutty goodness of almonds.
Chipotle Brown Sugar Almonds
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 cups raw almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place all ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Cook, stirring often, until the water has completely evaporated and the almonds are coated with sugar.
4. Pour almonds onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Let almonds cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.