To welcome in the fall season, try this vegan pasta dish featuring dark leafy greens and sun-dried tomatoes tossed with pasta and toasted pine nuts.
Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking time, add kale leaves to the boiling water. Drain in a colander.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add sun-dried tomatoes (and the olive oil) and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
3. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add pasta and kale and toss.
4. In a small dry skillet over medium-high heat, add pine nuts and cook, shaking the skillet, until they are just lightly browned.
5. Immediately add pine nuts to the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.