Grab the last of the summer squash and garden-fresh cherry tomatoes and saute them into this healthy vegan dinner recipe.
End of Summer Veggie Saute
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced crosswise
- 1 yellow crookneck squash, ends trimmed, sliced crosswise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
2. Add onion, zucchini, and squash and cook, stirring often for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in garlic and season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in basil and serve immediately.