Grab the last of the garden-picked heirloom tomatoes and put this quinoa salad on your end of summer vegan dinner menu.
Quinoa Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 1-1/4 cups ivory or red quinoa
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 vine-ripe red tomato, seeded, diced
- 1 vine-ripe yellow tomato, seeded, diced
- 1 cup blanched lima beans
- Grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, lime beans, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil.
- Add quinoa and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Toss again before serving.
More delicious vegan salad recipes!